The Sales and Marketing Council (SMC) develops and implements programs to increase the skills and professionalism of HBA members involved in sales and marketing within the residential home building industry. The SMC plans the annual Best in PA Living Awards, spotlighting HBA builders and associate members for their excellence in home building, selling and advertising.
SMC benefits include eligibility for local awards programs, and networking opportunities with other sales and marketing professionals. SMC membership also includes membership in the National Sales and Marketing Council, which was founded in 1962 to help builders sell homes more effectively. The National SMC offers numerous benefits including:
- Educational opportunities
- National awards and recognition programs
- Online access to the latest research and sale and marketing tools
- Bi-monthly subscription to Sales + Marketing Ideas magazine
- Designation programs through the Institute of Residential Marketing (IRM)