Political Action Committee
- The Political Action Committee's objectives shall be:
- (a) Promote an informed electorate through political education.
- (b) Increase the effectiveness of homebuilders in the cause of good government through actual political participation.
- (c) Facilitate cooperation among homebuilders in the political process.
- (d) Advance the best interests of the homebuilding industry in a non-partisan manner through the support of qualified candidates for elected office.
- (e) Raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support our interests. We help elect the people who write the laws you and your business must live with. Our PAC provides you with the opportunity to have a collective impact on the election of officials who will shape legislation that affects your livelihood and the way you and your companies do business.
- (f) Through extensive research and ongoing monitoring, keep you informed, involved, and influential in the legislative decisions that are important to you and your business.
- The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by HBA members. These are not members' dues; this is money given freely by members in recognition of how important campaign fundraising is to the political process. Our PAC doesn't buy votes, but rather supports candidates that support the issues that are important to our livelihood.
- Members are expected to put aside partisan political beliefs so as to carry out the objectives of the committee in a manner that best serves the interests of the HBA and the homebuilding industry generally. Individual Board members may work for any candidate of their choice, but not in the name of the HBA or this PAC unless approved by the Board.
Neil Stein, Kaplin Stewart | Attorneys at Law
Rich Carroll, III, Hallmark Homes Group
To join this Committee, send an email to email@example.com