The Home Builders Association of Bucks and Montgomery counties provides a strong foundation for your business with access to industry-related news, products, services and staff assistance. The HBA is also a powerful advocate for your interests at all levels of government.
Representing the strength and diversity of the building industry, the HBA includes builders, remodelers, developers, suppliers, plumbers, electricians, painters, drywallers, carpenters, manufacturers, architects, engineers, real estate brokers, accountants, bankers, attorneys and other industry professionals.
- Three Memberships in One: When you join the Home Builders Association of Bucks/Montgomery Counties, your dues payment includes membership to the Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). As part of this network, you gain access to a wide range of information, activities and services that will contribute to the success of your business.
- Government Affairs: The HBA Bucks/Montgomery Counties actively monitors and lobbies local and state governmental officials on issues that promote and defend the housing industry. Weekly news updates and regular web updates are made available to the membership. The association's government affairs program is guided by the Industry Action Committee and financial support for candidates is made possible through the HBA's Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Networking & Events: Invaluable networking opportunities are offered at the local, state and national level. The HBA hosts several events throughout the year for all our members. Some of these include, Meet the Builder, Golf outing, our annual PAC and Charitable events, the HBA annual Holiday party, the joint association Synergy Awards, and of course a variety of education seminars. And don’t forget the International Builder Show (IBS).Committee Participation: The HBA Committees typically meet once a month to address the ever-changing needs and programs of the association.
- Industry Action Committee
- Political Action Committee (PAC)
- Associates Committee
- Membership Committee
- Sales and Marketing Council
- Professional Women in Building (PWB)
- Charitable Foundation
- Workforce Development Committee
- Education - The HBA's Education Committee regularly provides seminars and programs to address the changing needs of the industry. All seminars are advertised on our online calendar of events.
- Marketing Opportunities - HBA Bucks/Montgomery offers numerous opportunities to market your products or services to the industry and public.
► Online Membership Directory: One of the FREE benefits of membership is your electronic listing in the HBA Online Membership Directory accessible to members only and password protected. Also comes in a printed version produced annually.
► Sponsorship Opportunities: Each event hosted by the HBA comes with sponsorship opportunities to highlight your company showing continued support of the organization.
With sponsorship, you are featured in marketing materials leading up to the event, event logo placement, and recognition in the article write ups produced for the bi-monthly HBA Newsletter, “The Reporter”
► Website Advertising Small and large banner ads are available for annual purchase. The HBA website provides a wealth of information and resources to the HBA membership and is frequently used by members for event registration - don't miss out on this opportunity!
► Newsletter Advertising The HBA Reporter, the bi-monthly print newsletter of the HBA, has a generous amount of advertising opportunities.
Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA)
PBA offers a wide variety of benefits to HBA members. The following are a few of the highlights:
► Insurance Benefits Offering a self-insured health plan to members of the Pennsylvania Builders Association Benefits, Trust and their affiliates. Services include: Individual and Group plans, HR solutions, voluntary benefits and personal insurance. Questions? Visit: http://www.pbiponline.com/ or Contact 1-888-333-7526
► Workers Compensation Program Provides worker's compensation coverage to homebuilders and associates. Mcconkey & Co. provides PBA members competitive rates, aggressive claims handling and superior risk management services are available through the Worker’s comp program. Contact Ryan Dixon at 717-755-9266 or RDixon@ekmcconkey.com for more information.
► PA One Call: As you prepare to excavate, state law requires anyone performing excavation to notify the owners of all underground utilities, pipelines and cables in the proposed work area at least three working days before the start of excavation. The PA One-Call system was created to provide those performing excavation with a safe, easy and reliable method for notifying owners of underground utilities, pipelines and cables. Questions? Contact Livvy Harmon at 717-730-4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PBA members have their annual fee covered by the association. When you receive an invoice for a call, DO NOT PAY THE BILL! Please forward it to the HBA and the association will pay for it. Visit https://www.pa1call.org/PA811/Public/
► PBA Member Rebate Program: Free Member Benefit to Builder & Remodeler Members of the PA Builders Association
There are currently 50 of the country's leading Manufacturer Brands participating in the Member Rebate Program offering the same rebates as the "Top-5 Builders" receive regardless of your volume. To find out more visit: www.hbarebates.com or contact Richard Robinson at 866-849-8400
National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
NAHB is home to over 200,000 members helping to promote the policies that make housing a national priority.
With your membership, you can take advantage of the NAHB buying power with exclusive offers to their members. exciting NAHB programs and services you Visit this link for more information on the offers listed below www.nahb.org/ma
► Member Advantage - As an NAHB member, you can take advantage of the national buying power of a 200,000-member organization! Reduce your business costs when you use these great money-savers! For more information visit https://www.nahb.org/en/members/member-savings.aspx
► Education - Professional education from NAHB’s University of Housing provides you with the training to improve your skills and advance your career. Visit https://www.nahb.org/en/learn.aspx for more information.
► Advocacy - Currently ranked #11 on Fortune Magazine’s"Power 25" Advocates, NAHB has the grassroots strength of over 215,000 members to defend affordable housing initiatives on the Hill, in our state and in our communities. Learn more at https://www.nahb.org/en/advocate.aspx
► Critical News & Info - NAHB offers industry publications, e-newsletters, exclusive Web site content, special reports, e-mail alerts, and financial data to keep you connected to the industry issues that matter most. Stay up to date by visiting https://www.nahb.org/en/news-and-publications/publications.aspx