The HBA of Bucks/Montgomery Counties Charitable Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to undertaking charitable endeavors as authorized under the IRS 501 (c) (3) code and of which are primarily housing/shelter related. These charitable endeavors shall occur mainly within Bucks and Montgomery Counties.
The Charitable Foundation plans fundraising events to raise funds and awareness for a specific cause decided on by the Association. The Association meets once a month to discuss upcoming event and overall Charitable Association business.
Sam Carlo, Lennar
To join this committee, send an email to Carla Zapotek at firstname.lastname@example.org
HBA’s Charitable Foundation was founded in 1993. Since inception, the foundation has been involved in numerous community projects, which have included:
- $7,500 raised for Williamsons College of Trade (2017)
- Construction and sale of a Dream Home in Warwick Township to raise Charitable Foundation funds. (2008)
- Constructing a Dream Home to satisfy a $250,000 pledge for the American Red Cross Homeless Shelter in Bucks County.
- Donating to the American Red Cross to aid flood victims. ($6,000)
- Contributing over three years to support the American Red Cross Homeless Shelter. ($30,000)
- Contributing to the 9/11 Relief Fund. ($35,000)
- Contributing over $11,000 to bring a family’s mortgage current, which had suffered reversals while their son, was suffering from terminal cancer.
- Re-carpeting a Head Start Facility in Bensalem $3,000.
- Contributing over $10,000 to the surviving children whose father, an HBA member, suffered fatal injuries in an automobile accident.
- Prior to 2004, Constructed two Habitat for Humanity Homes. One, a new home in Bensalem and the second a total rehab in Norristown. A combined estimated value of $160,000. And in 2004, our Blitz Build for Habitat for Humanity contributed materials, labor and financial support valued at $230,000 to the building of four (4) townhomes in Trumbauersville.
- Aiding in the construction of an addition on a home for a family requiring handicap accessible accommodations, $7,000.
- Contributing over $3,000 to the family of a member who sustained fatal injuries in a home explosion.
- Contributing $4,000 to Big Brothers & Big Sisters in Montgomery County.
- Contributing $25,000 to the Bux-Mont Katrina Relief Project.
- Providing over $26,000 to a family in Upper Bucks County whose daughter had spinal injuries from a car injury to make the home ADA accessible.
- Aided a Willow Grove Foster Care parent of 6 children whose home was fire damaged with over $20,000 in assistance.
The HBA Charitable Foundation is a certified 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization as recognized under federal tax law thereby allowing donations and gifts to be eligible for favorable tax consideration. Read our bylaws document here.